Baked pasta is a hearty meal that you can prepare in advance. Try this Baked Broccoli and Mushroom Pasta recipe from Chef Julie for a hearty and delicious dinner!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 25 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 55 mins Serves : 2
- 180 gm Pasta
- 120 gm Broccoli
- 5 nos Shitake Mushroom, sliced 2 cloves
- 25 gm Garlic, chopped
- 25 gm Plain Flour
- 330 ml Butter
- 1 tsp Full Cream Milk
- ½ tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- As desired Black Pepper
- 80 gm Cheddar Cheese
- Cook the pasta to al dente following pack instructions (if you’re freezing, cook for 1 min less), adding the broccoli for the final 3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the butter in the pan until foaming then stir in the flour for 1 minute.
- Pour in the milk a little at a time, stirring or whisking constantly to remove any lumps. Bubble for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until you have a thick, lump-free sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in some nutmeg, the mustard powder, and ½ of the cheese and seasoning. Put aside.
- Fried chopped garlic for 1minutes. Add in the Shitake mushroom and fry for 2 minutess. Add in sliced meat or seafood if used. Pour in the milk.
- Combine with the pasta and broccoli and transfer to one large heatproof dish.
- Scatter over the remaining cheese on top and bake for 15 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- To freeze, cool pasta before freezing. This can keep up to1 month. If frozen, defrost then bake at 200C for 30 minutes until piping hot.