Try this delicious pairing of apple and raspberry with a buttery crumble recipe by Chef Susanne Despature!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 25 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 6
- 6 Apples (Golden delicious, Pink lady…)
- 20 g Butter (A)
- 200 g Raspberries
- 50-80 g Brown sugar (A)
- 70 g Brown Sugar (B)
- 80 g Salted Butter, soft (B)
- 1 Egg yolk
- 70 g Almond Powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Sugar or essence
- 100 g Plain flour
- 25 g Corn starch
- 1 g Double Baking Powder
- Icing Sugar
- Peel the apples, cut it into 4 and remove the core. Cut each segment into 4-5 pieces.
- In a pan, melt butter (A) over medium heat – add apples and brown sugar (A) , then sauté for 4-5 minutes, until the apples are slightly translucent at the outside, but still firm in the inside.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish and add the raspberries on top. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, combine soft butter (B) , brown sugar (B) and egg yolk and mix with a spoon until soft and creamy.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients of the second paragraph and mix with a spoon.
- Add dry ingredients to soft butter cream and using a fork, crumble everything using a fork and spread on top of apples and raspberries.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown
- Take out of the oven and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with ice-cream.