Tempt your taste buds with this Rum-infused Almond Sugee Cake by Chef Trish!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 10
- 4 Egg yolks
- 2 Egg whites
- 120g Butter
- 85g Sugar
- 90g Semolina
- 50g Flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Rum or Vanilla essence
- 30g Almond flour
- 30g Milk
- Cream butter and ½ of the sugar together in a mixing bowl using high speed for 5-8 mins.
- Add in the semolina in and continue to beat for another few mins, add in the rum or vanilla essence. Set aside
- In another clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites using high speed for 2-3 mins till foamy then add in the rest of the sugar.
- Once the egg whites reached soft peak, lower the speed and add the yolks in and continue to beat for 1 min. Mix well by hand.
- Pour 1/3 egg mixture to the butter mixture and fold gently till it incorporates before another the next batch of egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Sieve together.
- Add in the flour mixture to the batter using a spatula. Mix well and pour in the milk and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 6 inch baking tin and sprinkle some almonds on top.
- Bake for 35 -40 mins at 150°C.