These crispy cream choux puffs are a pretty spectacular bake. Not only are they light and airy, and they are topped with a crunchy cookie top!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 12
- 105gm Unsalted Butter
- 5 Eggs
- 145gm Cake Flour
- 5gm Baking Powder
- 225gm Water
- Boil the butter and water together.
- Once it is boiling, add in the flour at one go and remove from heat.
- Stir until it resembles a smooth dough and it leaves the sides.
- Continue to whip until it is semi cooked, add in the egg one by one until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Pipe on the baking tray, space out evenly and place a piece of crunchy cookie on top of the puff.
- Bake at 200 degree Celsius, fan mode for 10 mins.
- For the Crunchy Cookie Top, whip butter and sugar until whitish. Add in the egg and mix well. Add in flour and ground almond powder. Roll the dough into a log and chill it until firm. Lastly, slice the cookies thinly for the puff later.