100C Roasted Beef Strip Loin with Chinese Style Porcini Mushroom Sauce
by Eric Low
Start the session with some tips on making a sumptuous sauce that will make a perfect complement to the tender and juicy roasted beef strip loin. Not only will you learn to create a killer mushroom sauce, Chef Eric will also share his roasting secrets on achieving the ideal beef texture.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 8
- 5-1.8kg of Beef Sirloin (Ask butcher to remove sinew layer and slice the loin length wise into 3 long strips)
- Salt and Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
Porcini Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil (for cooking)
- 100g White Onions (diced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
- 100g Dried Porcini Mushrooms (soaked, drained, and diced)
- 250g King Oyster Mushrooms (diced)
- 150ml Japanese Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Marmite Paste
- 100ml Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Maltose
- 8pcs of Broccoli Florets (blanched)
- Preheat oven to 100°C. Season beef loins with salt and pepper. In a heated pan, sear the beef loins on all sides and transfer to roasting pan. Roast beef loins for 20 minutes. Check for doneness with meat thermometer. Aim for about 60°C.
- Heat oil in sauce pot, sauté onions and garlic till fragrant. Add both mushrooms and soya sauce.
- Mix in marmite paste, water sugar and maltose. Bring to boil and simmer till sauce is slightly syrupy.
- Allow beef loins to rest for 10 minutes after roasting. Slice the meat and serve with porcini mushroom sauce, garnish with broccoli florets.