Not going for Beerfest Asia 2018? We got you covered! Enjoy 5 refreshing easy-drinking summer beer cocktails right in the comfort of your own home.
1. Soju with Beer (Somaek)
Soju is taking Singapore by storm! While some might find it too strong to drink on its own, did you know that it goes surprisingly well with beer? It enhances the sweetness of the beer while making it smooth. Koreans call this concoction Somaek, an abbreviation of 2 Korean words; Soju (Soju) and Maekju (Beer).
- Choose your favourite flavour of Soju (Original, Grapefruit, White Grape, etc).
- Pour half a pint of beer into a glass.
- Pour either 125ml of Soju or 2 Shots. Stir well.
- Bonus: A Korean trick by using chopsticks to mix; put 1 chopsticks at each end of the cup, and bring them together fast in a clapping motion so the liquid and gas from the beer stirs by itself.
Recommended Item: ToTT Copper Plated Heavy Jigger
2. Espresso Stout
Go bold with this creamy concoction that brings out the intense coffee aroma and deep roasted malt. Pair this thirst quencher with a Seafood Pie for an extra ooomph. Definitely a favourite for those looking for intensity and richness in their drinks!
- Pour 10ml of cold espresso into a small jug and add 10ml of coffee liqueur (Kahlua/Baileys).
- Stir and place in the fridge to chill for 30 mins
- Take out and add 150ml of stout. Stir well and serve
Recommended Item: Cuisinart Nut And Spice Grinder
If you love Corona, this Coronarita concoction is going to knock your socks off! This refreshing cooler is just perfect to combat Singapore’s hot weather!
- Pour ice cubes, tequila (1½oz), triple sec (¾oz) and lime sour mix(3oz) into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake the mixture and strain it into a salted pint glass.
- Flip a Corona upside down and place it into the drink
- Enjoy as the Corona dispenses slowly into your Coronarita!
Recommended Item: ToTT Copper Plated 2-Piece Cocktail Shaker
4. Beer Găo
Time for a recipe created right here in Singapore ! You’ve probably heard people at your hawker centres ordering their Coffee through terms like Kopi O Kosong, Kopi Xiu Dai, or even Kopi Gao! But did you know you can order a BeerGao too?! This local favourite is a simple concoction that combines the refreshing zest of lager and deep nutty flavours of stout.
- Pour ½ pint of lager beer into glass.
- Pour ½ pint of stout into a glass and stir.
- Sit back, relax.
- Bonus: Test your local hawker’s level of customer service and just shout “Beer Gao!”; chances are, they’ll bring you exactly what you need!
Recommended Item: Spiegelau Lager Beer Glass Collection
Michelada, is a must-have summer drink! With a right balance of cold light beer, hot sauce, zesty lime juice and Worcestershire, be prepared to be blown away by this refreshing and flavourful drink. Salud!
- Salt the rim of a large, tall glass. (For an authentic experience, use a chili-salt mixture!)
- Fill the glass with lime juice (60ml), 2 teaspoon of hot sauce and 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Fill glass with ice and top with beer (Mexican beers like Victoria or Corona works best)
- Stir gently and enjoy!
Recommended Item: Spiegelau Crystal Long Drinking Glass Set
We hope you enjoyed these amazing recipes! Plus, if you’re looking for a fuss free way to make these drinks with the right tools, ToTT Store is offering AMAZING discounts to our collection of bartending tools; only for the month of August!
Click here to find out more!
P.S. Please practice responsible drinking 😉