Breakfast has never been easier when you can waffle up your hash browns with this incredibly easy recipe –filled with layers of delicious chopped ham and grated cheddar cheese!
Cuisine : American Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 2 servings
- Olive Oil cooking spray, for spraying the waffle iron
- One 850 g bag Frozen Shredded Hash Browns, thawed or freshly grated potato soaked in cold water and drained
- 4 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Grated Cheddar
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Ham
- Preheat a waffle iron on the regular setting and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Squeeze out any excess moisture from the hash browns and put in a bowl.
- Pour the melted butter over the hash browns, sprinkle with the salt and pepper and stir.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the seasoned hash browns into each waffle section, then top with a generous 2 tablespoons Cheddar followed by a sprinkling of chopped ham.
- Top the cheese and ham in each section with other 1/4 cup hash brown.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for 15 minutes on the regular setting.
- Repeat with the remaining hash browns, cheese and ham, filling one section of the waffle iron.