Enjoy the traditional Venetian Salsa Pasta with a sauce made of onions, salted anchovies and olive oil!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 4 Servings
- Fresh Pasta
- 200g Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3g Sea Salt
- 1g Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Venetian Salsa Sauce
- 200g Onion, thinly sliced
- 50g Anchovy
- 3 Garlic, Crushed
DIRECTIONS FOR FRESH PASTA
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and olive oil in mixing bowl.
- Form a well in middle of bowl.
- Add in the eggs.
- Start mixer on low speed until all ingredients are well mixed. Increase mixer speed to medium and mix for 5-7 minutes more.
- Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Perform finger test to see if dough is ready. The dough is sufficiently rested if the imprint remains.
- Lightly flour dough, cut into 4 quarters.
- Leaving the other 3 quarters covered, flatten one quarter with a rolling pin.
- Start the pasta machine on the widest setting and put the dough through it twice.
- Turn the setting one notch down and put the dough through twice again. Lightly flour the dough if it’s sticky to ensure it does not get caught in the machine.
- Continue through the settings until desired thickness is obtained.
- Allow the flatten dough to dry.
- Repeat process for the other 3 quarters.
- Once dough is dry to the touch, it can be cut into the desired shape using the pasta machine of a sharp knife. Liberally dust the dough with flour prior to cutting. This will prevent the noodles from clumping together.
DIRECTIONS FOR VENETIAN SALSA SAUCE
- Add onion, garlic and anchovy into pot.
- Slow cook for 1 hour or until onions become very soft.