T-Bone Steak with Parsnip Puree, Carrots, and Seasonal Greens
by Michele Ow
Savour a piece of juicy and flavourful T-Bone Steak seasoned with rosemary, pepper and served with Parsnip Puree, Carrots and Seasonal Greens for dinner.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 3 hrs 50 mins Ready in : 4 hrs mins Serves : 2 Servings
- T-Bone Steak
- 400g T-bone steaks
- ½ tsp Crushed pepper
- 2 twigs each of Rosemary and/or thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 30g Butter
- 2 tbsp (30g) Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (12g) Granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Chopped parsley
- Parsnip Puree
- 1 Large parsnips, peeled and sliced into large cubes
- 25g Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Cream
- Seasonal Greens
- 2 bunches Asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 4 Fresh eggs
- 25g Finely grated parmesan
DIRECTIONS FOR T-BONE STEAK
- Vacuum each steak with the ingredients and cook in the sous vide at 56 °C for 90 minutes.
- When cooked, pat dry and sear.
DIRECTIONS FOR CARROTS
- Place carrots, butter, sugar, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt in a vacuum bag.
- Place carrots in the sous vide for 1 hour at 85C.
- Empty entire contents of bag into a 12-inch, heavy-bottomed skillet and cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until liquid has reduced to a shiny glaze, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in parsley, and serve.
DIRECTIONS FOR PARSNIP PUREE
- Combine all ingredients in a large zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique water bath at 85C and set the timer for 1 hour.
- When the time is up, transfer the entire contents of the bag to a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve.
DIRECTIONS FOR SEASONAL GREENS
- Sous vide asparagus for 5m @ 85C.
- Sous vide eggs for 60m @ 60C.
- Serve egg and grate parmesan over asparagus.