Strawberry Cheesecake Macarons
by Chef Michele Ow
Who doesn’t love some macarons? Macarons are desserts that require a lot of technique, but we have just the recipe that will break down the steps for you. Try it out now!
Cuisine: European Course: Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 25 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 1 h 5 mins Serves : 15 macarons
- Wet Ingredients
- 100g Egg Whites (best if aged)
- 65g Caster Sugar
- A pinch of Cream of Tartar (optional)
- A pinch of Colouring (if preferred)
- Dry Ingredients
- 100g Almond meal
- 150g Icing Sugar
- Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Up to 3 tbsp Fresh Strawberry Puree (fresh strawberries, blended & strained)
- Beat 100g of egg whites (best if aged) with 65g caster sugar, with a pinch of cream of tartar (optional) until stiff.
- Add colouring if preferred. Only gel colours.
- In another bowl, shift 100g of almond meal with 150g of icing sugar.
- Fold in until molten.
- Pour into piping bag and pipe unto parchment paper/baking paper.
- Rap tray 3-4 times until bubbles are released. If necessary, use toothpick to release the bubbles.
- Allow to rest in 50C oven for 5 minutes then outside for 20 minutes.
- Then bake at 150C for 14-16 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before piping in filling.
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- Whip together the butter and cream cheese.
- Then, slowly incorporate the powdered sugar, until smooth.
- Finish with the vanilla extract & the strawberry puree (add this in slowly, as well.) Use up to 3 tbsp. of the strawberry puree in the filling.