The spicy and aromatic sauce coating these tender prawn and meat dumplings are the ultimate dim sum!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 5 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 20
- 20 sheets of White Square Wonton Skin
- 100 g Prawns (Filling)
- 50 g Minced Meat (Filling)
- 1/2 teasp Potato Starch (Filling)
- A pinch of Salt (Filling)
- 1/2 teasp Sugar (Filling)
- A dash of White Pepper (Filling)
- A dash of Sesame oil (Filling)
- 40 g Cooking Oil (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- 25 g Chilli Oil (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- 30 g Minced Garlic (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- 30 g Minced Shallot (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- 80 g Sugar (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- 1 teasp Salt (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- 90 g White Vinegar (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- 100 g Spicy Broad Bean Paste (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- 100 ml Hoisin Sauce (Spicy Sour Sauce)
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add chili oil, garlic and shallot. Fry till fragrant.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients bring it to boil.
- For the fillings, Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- To wrap the wontons, place about a teaspoon of the Filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Dab your index finger into the small bowl of water, and then trace the outer edges of the wonton wrapper. This will help seal the wontons.
- Boil water and cook wonton till float and looks pinkish., about 1-2 minutes. Drain off the water.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve immediately.