Indulge in this perfectly Seared Salmon Fillet topped with flavoursome Creamy Garlic Sauce that will leave you wanting more!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 5 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 4
- 60 ml Fish Stock
- 60 ml Dry White Wine
- 100 ml Liquid Cream, 35% fat
- 50 g Cold Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped or crushed
- 3 Ripe Tomatoes, diced
- 20 g Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- Salt, Pepper, Lemon Juice
- 4 Thick Salmon Fillet, 120g per fillet, with skin
- 1-2 tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring fish stock and white wine to the boil in a small saucepan – let reduce to half of the initial quantity. Add cream and continue to simmer for some minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and some drops of lemon juice, a hint of curry powder. Whisk in the cold butter in small amounts until you get a glossy, creamy consistency.
- Add garlic, then just before serving, add diced tomatoes and chopped basil.
- Heat some oil in a pan and start to pan-fry skin side first on high to medium heat for 2 minutes or until skin is golden & crispy.
- Gently turn fish over and reduce heat to low.
- Allow fish to cook through on the other side, turn off heat and let rest in pan for 2-3 minutes.