These little starters are incredibly delish and easy to prepare. If you are a fan of prawns, go ahead and be generous with them!
Cuisine : American Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 8
- 1 cup of Canned Sweetcorn Kernel
- 1 Red Onion (diced)
- 1 cup of Plain Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- Crack of Black Pepper
- 20g Chopped Chives
- 3 Large Red Chilli (minced)
- 2/3 cup of Cream (or milk)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp of Breadcrumbs
- 450g of Fresh Crabmeat (squeezed dry of excess liquid)
- 300g of Prawns
- Naturel Canola Oil (for deep frying)
- In a large bowl, mix the corn, red onion, prawn, crabmeat, chilli and chives.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs well before adding the cream (or milk) and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Mix in the crabmeat and vegetable mix to the batter and stir to completely combine.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat and carefully dollop a tablespoonful of the batter into the hot oil. Repeat until you fill the pot.
- With a long pair of wooden chopsticks, carefully turn the fritter a couple of times until well browned.
- Drain briefly on kitchen towels before serving immediately with a wedge of lemon and tobasco.