Savour the delicious and moist Moroccan Mint Cake with a delectable Honey Almond Crust.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 4-6 Servings
- Mint Cake
- 55g Butter, room temperature
- 70g Sugar
- 2tbsp Chopped mint – roughly 12 leaves
- 2 Eggs
- 60g Desiccated Coconut
- 60g Plain flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon Rind
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100ml Water
- 40g Sugar
- ½ bunch Mint Leaves
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Honey Almond Crust
- 40g Sliced Almonds
- 40g Honey
- 20g Butter
DIRECTIONS FOR MINT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 170 deg and grease 2 nos of 7 inches cake tins.
- In a mixer bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
- Add sugar.
- Add in the beaten eggs and the melted butter.
- Mix to combine. Do not vigorously beat the mixture.
- Fold in the vanilla extract, pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared tins and bake in the pre heated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cool, spread the frosting on top of both sponges and layer them up.
- Then spread the remaining frosting on the sides of the cake, covering the whole sponge.
- Decorate with chopped toasted walnuts.
- Chill before serving.
DIRECTIONS FOR SYRUP
- Boil the water, sugar and mint leaves together for 1 minute. Strain and add the lemon juice.
DIRECTIONS FOR HONEY ALMOND CRUST
- In a pan, melt the butter and honey together, Take it off the heat and stir in the sliced almonds.