Add an Asian twist to this traditional French cake. Savour the fragrant aroma of the lemongrass as you bake and bite into a refreshingly light sponge that is sure to delight your palate.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 12
- 135g All-Purpose Flour
- 4g Baking Powder
- 100g Unsalted Président Butter (softened)
- 135g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Limes (zested and juiced)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 stalks of Lemongrass (finely grated)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Whisk the butter until creamy. Add sugar and lime zest, and whisk again until well combined. Whisk in eggs one by one. Add flour and lemongrass, and mix well.
- Cast into madeleine moulds (either silicon or black steel; avoid aluminium).
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and drizzle with lime juice. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.