This Asian Breakfast delight, You Tiao is crispy on the outside and fluffy inside! It taste perfects by itself and even better when paired with Hot Soya Milk!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 300 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 310 mins Serves : 6-8
- 500 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Double Actions Baking Powder
- 5 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 3 tbsp Garlic Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic (fried)
- 350 ml Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Ammonia Powder
- 1/4 tsp Alum
- Mix all ingredients together & rest for about 5hrs.
- Take out every 1hr and flip the bottom side up for even relaxation of the gluten.
- Roll into 1cm thick rectangle long strip with 6cm width. Cut into strips of 2cm x 6cm long.
- Brush water on one pcs and place another piece on top. Use a satay stick to indent in the middle of the dough.
- Deep fry in hot oil till crispy brown, tossing the dough frequently.