Sink your teeth into this moist and flavourful hummingbird cake with bananas, pineapples and walnuts! Frost it with a delicious cream cheese for a classic southern dessert!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 30 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 4-6 Servings
- 180g All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 160g Fine Sugar
- 90g Eggs
- 130g Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 115g Pineapple, chopped
- 100g Walnuts, chopped
- 100g Bananas, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170 deg and grease 2 nos of 7 inches cake tins.
- In a mixer bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
- Add sugar.
- Add in the beaten eggs and the melted butter.
- Mix to combine. Do not vigorously beat the mixture.
- Fold in the vanilla extract, pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared tins and bake in the pre heated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Once cool, spread the frosting on top of both sponges and layer them up.
- Then spread the remaining frosting on the sides of the cake, covering the whole sponge.
- Decorate with chopped toasted walnuts.
- Chill before serving.