Try out this Handmade Angel Hair Pasta with Grilled Tiger Prawns recipe from Chef Michele for a scrumptious dinner!
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 35 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 2-4 Servings
- Fresh Pasta
- 50g Oo Pasta Flour
- 50g Semolina Flour
- 1 Small Egg
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, once around the pan in a slow stream
- 1tbsp Butter
- ½ Yellow Onion, minced
- ½ Carrot
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes
- Coarse Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Beef Stock
- Dash of Lea and Perrin Sauce
- 100g Beef Minced
- Fresh Basil and Parsley
- For Fresh Pasta, knead all ingredients into a ball. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes before passing through pasta machine.
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Season prawns with salt and pepper. Add butter and cook prawns until 90% cooked. Remove.
- Add oil and diced onions. Gently sauté onions for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Then add carrots and anchovies. Add tomato sauce/ puree and 100ml of water. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with cream if desired.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked.
- When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and plate.