Make the softest and fluffiest homemade cinnamon roll coat with pecan glaze with Chef Philia’s recipe!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 90 mins Cook : 12-15 mins Ready in : 110 mins Serves : 6-8 Servings
- 500g Bread Flour
- 35g Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 11g Dry Active Yeast
- A pinch of Sugar + 40g Water
- 1 Egg
- 90g Unsalted Butter
- 235g Water
- Pecan Glaze
- 110g Unsalted Butter
- 180g Sugar
- 100g Roasted Nuts of Your Choice
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 100g Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
DIRECTIONS FOR CINNAMON ROLL
- Combine yeast, a pinch of sugar and 40g water together and leave it aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine bread flour and 35g sugar together with a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Make a well in the flour and add in the egg , water and yeast mixture.
- Mix the mixture and using a bread hook, mix until a dough is form and well combined.
- Add in unsalted butter and mix well into the dough for another 10 minutes.
- Allow the dough to proof for 25 minutes or doubled its size.
- Once the dough doubled its size, using a roller, roll it as thin and spread the caramelised pecan mixture on it evenly and sprinkle more cinnamon sugar.
- Roll the dough tightly and cut into equal size and proof for another 30 minutes until it doubled the size.
- Bake the rolls at 190 degree Celsius, fan mode for 12 to 15 minutes until it’s golden brown.
- The rolls is best serve warm.
DIRECTIONS FOR PECAN GLAZE
- Cook and combine all ingredients together until sugar are melted.
- Add in roasted pecan and stir well.
- Leave it aside to cool before using.
DIRECTIONS FOR CINNAMON SUGAR
- Mix 100g sugar with 2 tsp of good quality cinnamon powder.