Brilliant to make with little children over the holidays, these pretty little easter nests are great fun to make with the kids and decorated with mini chocolate eggs. Make them this Easter!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 12
- Chocolate Biscuit
- 110g Dark chocolate Coverture, 65% cocoa
- 50g Butter
- 40g Almond powder
- 40g Rice flour
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Egg whites
- 100g Dark or milk chocolate coverture
- Sprinkles & Mini-sugar eggs
- Prepare chocolate biscuit: In a bowl on a double boiler, melt chocolate coverture drops with butter, stirring gently with a rubber spatula from time to time. Remove from heat when melted.
- Add egg yolks and stir.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer, whisk egg white until foamy, add slowly sugar until you get stiff peaks.
- In a bowl, mix almonds, rice flour and a pinch of salt.
- Add ½ of the flour/almond mix to the chocolate batter and fold in gently.
- Add ½ of the stiff egg white into the chocolate batter, then the rest of the flour/almond and finish with the remaining egg white – fold in everything carefully, make sure that the ingredients are well mixed.
- Fill 12 donut silicon moulds with the batter, using a piping bag with round tip (10mm).
- Place in preheated oven at 180° C, fan forced. Bake 12-14 minutes, until the cake fills the mould and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven, remove the nests carefully from the rings and let cool out.
- Melt chocolate coverture on a double boiler, glaze nests with molten chocolate and sprinkle with edible pearls or grated coconut. Place some small sugar eggs in the middle of the nest.