Start your morning right with a plate of fluffy Blueberry Pancakes with a side of delicious and warm blueberry sauce!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 5 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 8 servings (16 pcs)
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 400 g Flour
- 11/4 teasp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 500 ml Buttermilk
- 40 g Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 150 g Blueberries
- 500 g Blueberries (For the Sauce)
- 250 g Sugar (For the Sauce)
- 2 tbsp Cornflour (For the Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (For the Sauce)
- 250 ml Water (For the Sauce)
- For the pancake mix all the dry ingredients together along with half of the sugar.
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients except the egg whites.
- Add it into the dry ingredients and make a thick batter.
- Beat the egg whites until peaking and then beat in the rest of the sugar.
- Fold the egg whites into the pancake batter.
- Brush a pan with a little melted butter and drop ladleful’s of the batter. Cook on medium high heat until the bottoms turn brown. Flip the pancakes and cook until browned.
- Take the off the heat and serve them with the blueberry sauce and whipped cream.
- Place 500 gm of blueberries, sugar and 200 ml of the water in a pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Mix the cornflour with the rest if the water and stir it into the blueberries.
- Allow the sauce to bubble and thicken.
- Take it off the heat and add in the lemon juice.