Conclude Sunday Brunch with this crumbly, sweet and luxurious Almonds Coffee cake over a cup of coffee!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 1 hr 10 mins Serves : 6-8 Servings
- 225gm Butter
- 160gm White Sugar
- 50gm Brown Sugar
- 3 no Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence or Coffee Emulco
- 1 tsp Almond Essence
- 100gm Plain Flour
- 50gm Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Coffee Powder mix with 1/2 tsp Hot Water
- Crumble Topping
- 10gm Instant Coffee Granules
- 100gm Cold Butter
- 120gm Flour
- 40gm Almond Flour
- 80gm Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150C and grease a baking tin and line with baking paper.
- Prepare the crumble toppings by rubbing the mixture all together till it resembles breadcrumbs. Keep in the fridge till ready to use.
- Cream the butter with sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs gradually till the butter fully incorporates with the eggs. Add in the essence and coffee mixture.
- Sift the flour, almond flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the cake tin and scatter the crumble all over the cake surface.
- Cover the cake tin with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.