Brighten up your day with this colourful Rainbow Chiffon Cake by Chef Philia Ng! This recipe is light, fluffy and simple-to-make!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 35 mins Cook : 45 mins Ready in : 80 mins Serves : 6-8
- Group A
- 85g Egg Yolks
- 30g Castor Sugar
- Group B
- 65g Sunflower Oil
- 72g Water/ Full Cream Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Group C
- 102g Cake Flour
- Group D
- 285g Egg Whites
- 78g Castor Sugar
- Whisk group A (Egg Yolks, Castor Sugar) until whitish and fluffy.
- Add in group B (Sunflower Oil, Water/full cream milk, Vanilla Paste) and mix well.
- Sift in group C (Cake Flour) and fold well. Divide into 5 portions of 69g into pink, yellow, green, blue and purple.
- Whisk group D (Egg whites, Castor Sugar) until stiff and glossy looking.
- Whisk group D until stiff and glossy looking. Divide into 5 portions at 71g to the divided coloured portions.
- Ladle pink, yellow, green, blue and purple batter gently into the chiffon tin.
- Bake at 160 degree Celsius non fan for 45 mins.
- Invert the cake immediately on a height of 8cm until cooled.