The hunt for the perfect butter cake recipe is over! Try this Oreo Yogurt Butter Cake by Chef Julie that is moist and highly enjoyable.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 50 mins Ready in : 65 mins Serves : 6-8
- 220 gm Plain Flour
- 11/2 teasp Baking Powder
- 1/2 teasp Baking Soda
- 1/2 teasp Salt
- 100 gm Salted Butter
- 170 gm Fine Sugar
- 2 no Egg
- 240 ml Non-fat Yogurt
- 1 teasp Vanilla Paste
- 60 gm Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Line 2 x 7”loaf tin or 8” round pan.3
- Sift all the flours (Group 1).
- Cream butter and sugar till light.
- Add the beaten eggs slowly
- Fold in gently 1/3 flour until combined. Followed by ½ portion yogurt. Repeat again and finished off with the flour.
- Lastly, add in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Pour batter into greased pan and arrange Oreo on top.
- Bake for 40-50mins for 8” round pan or 30mins for the loaf tin.