Top slices of bread with a simple whizzed up prawn mixture and fry to golden perfection. You can have these ready in less than 15 minutes!
Cuisine: Chinese Course: Appetiser/Snack
Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 15mins
Ready in: 30 mins Serves: 4
- 6 slices white bread
- 250g shrimp (peeled)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chicken powder
- 2-3 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbps butter (room temp)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg white
- Parsley for garnishing
- Thai sweet chilli sauce for dipping
- Cut the edge of white breads, divide them into 4 small pieces.
- Pulse shrimp in food processor until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, mix shrimp with lemon, egg white, pepper, butter, chicken bouillon powder, potato starch, ½ egg white.
- Scoop the shrimp mixture onto the bread with a spoon. Place another bread on top.
- Heat up frying oil to 140C/280F then add in the shrimp toast. Cook until both side are golden brown.
- Serve with sweet Thai chili sauce for dipping.