Nothing beats a classic lasagne! Savour every bite of this meaty cheesy lasagne that is perfect for any meal.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 60 mins
Ready in : 80 mins Serves : 4
Ingredients for Ragu Sauce
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Yellow onion (diced)
- 100g Beef (minced)
- 50 Fatty minced pork
- 50ml Red wine
- 2 tbsp Diced tomatoes
- 1 Bay leaf & thyme
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 Beef cube
Ingredients for Bechamel sauce
- 2 tbsp butter.
- 2 tbsp flour.
- 1 1/4 cups milk, heated.
- Freshly ground pepper
- For the Ragu sauce, follow steps 2 to 6.
- To a fry pan, add olive oil, and onions, and sliced bacon and cook for 5-7 min.
- Add beef and pork mince and cook until fragrant.
- Deglaze with red wine.
- Put diced tomatoes, beef cube and water and Bay leaf.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- For Bechamel sauce, follow steps 8 to 11.
- Fry flour and butter until medium yellow.
- Add milk.
- Season with nutmeg, salt & pepper.
- Remove from heat and add mozzarella.
- Layering of lasagna.
- Beef Ragu > Pasta sheet > Béchamel sauce.
- Repeat 2 times.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30min, rest for 15 min before cutting.