These delicious all-in-one breakfast muffins make for a great grab-and-go breakfast and require just one muffin tin to create perfect single-serving portions.
Cuisine : American Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 5 mins Cook : 23 mins
Ready in : 28 mins Serves : 6
- 6 slices Whole-Wheat Bread
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 ounce shredded Cheddar Cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Tomato
- 6 large Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 Bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped Fresh Chives (optional)
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread thinly and trim the crusts off the bread.
- Brush both sides with melted butter.
- Place the bread slices into a muffin pan and toast in oven at 190C for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and fill it with cheese, diced tomatoes and a egg.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until the whites are set.
- Remove pan from oven and top it with bacon.