As a Durian lover, you do not want to miss out this recipe by Chef Julie! Learn to bake Durian Chiffon Cake with Fresh Durian Cream for the ultimate durian dessert!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 10 mins
Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 6-8
Ingredients for Durian Chiffon Cake (Group 1A-4A)
Group 1A – Beat together
- 3 Egg Whites (Group 1A)
- 70g Fine Sugar (Group 1A)
Group 2A – Beat in
- 3 Egg Yolks (Group 2A)
Group 3A – Sifted together
- 60g Hong Kong/ Top Flour(Group 3A)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Group 3A)
Group 4A – Mix in
- 40g Warm Corn Oil (Group 4A)
Ingredients for Fresh Durian Cream (Group 1B-2B)
- 10g Gelatine (Group 1B)
- 40g Water (Group 1B)
- 300g Durian Puree (Group 2B)
- 30g Icing Sugar (Group 2B)
- 150g Fresh Whipped Cream (Group 2B)
- To make the Durian chiffon Cake, follow steps 2 to 7.
- Preheat oven for 20mins at 200C.
- Beat egg white and fine sugar till together till fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolks and beat till think and light.
- Fold in the hong kong flour and baking powder by hand or spatula and mix it evenly.
- Lastly, add in the warm corn oil gently and mix well.
- Pour mixture into moulds and bake at 200C for 10 mins.
- To make the Fresh Durian Cream, follow steps 9 to 11.
- Put the gelatin into water for 10 mins. Heat up the gelatin till dissolved.
- Mix in the durian puree, icing sugar and cooled gelatin together.
- Fold in the whipped cream.