This is a Christmas staple not to be missed! The turkey is rubbed with spices and seasoning, then laid on top of a bed of vegetables for roasting. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the turkey.
Cuisine : American Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 90 mins Ready in : 105 mins Serves : 15
- 1 Whole Turkey (4-4.5kg or 8-10 pounds)
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 Large Onions (thickly sliced)
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 3 stalks of Celery (roughly chopped)
- Mix all the spices, seasonings and oil together. Rub all over the turkey with it.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line baking tray with foil. Toss the vegetables with some olive oil and salt. Spread the vegetables on the tray and place the turkey on the vegetables.
- Roast turkey for about 1 hour 30 minutes, basting once with the pan juices every 20 minutes. In the last 20 minutes, increase the temperature to 180°c to brown the skin if required.
- Allow turkey to rest for 15-20minutes before slicing up to serve.