Teriyaki Chicken is a commonly seen dish in many Japanese restaurants. The chicken is grilled after marinating in teriyaki sauce for at least half an hour, then laid over a bed of sautéed shiitake mushrooms and onions. Another cooking method is to lightly sear the meat and bake it in the oven.
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 6
- 4 pieces of Boneless Chicken Leg (720g)
- 250ml Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Medium Onions (sliced)
- 100g Fresh Shitake Mushrooms (sliced)
- Marinate the chicken legs with 125ml of the teriyaki sauce for at least half an hour.
- Saute the vegetables with some oil, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the grill and brush lightly with oil.
- Grill the chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Alternatively, in a hot pan sear the chicken and bake off in the oven for 10mins.
- Slice chicken and arrange over onions and mushrooms.
- Heat up the remaining teriyaki sauce and drizzle over.
- Serve immediately.