Start the day with this special fried rice, best served with a lightly fried egg, cucumber slices and prawn crackers!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 12 mins Ready in : 22 mins Serves : 4
- 125ml Oil
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- ½ Brown Skin Onion (chopped)
- 100g Beijing Cabbage (diced)
- 200g Fresh Prawn Meat (diced, blanched)
- 3 tbsp Sambal Chilli
- 1 tsp Belachan Powder
- 800g Cooked Rice
- 4 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Dark Soya Sauce (kicap manis)
- 80g Frozen Green Peas (thawed)
- Crispy Fried Shallots
- Spring Onions (diced)
- Sliced Red Chillies
- Heat oil, scramble eggs till foamy. Add garlic, onion and cabbage, sauté till fragrant.
- Mix in sambal chili and belachan powder. Return cooked rice to wok and fry for a minute. Add ketchup, fish sauce and dark soya sauce, sauté for another 5 minutes over high heat.
- Mix in green peas and toss for another minute, divide rice into 4 portions and serve with recommended garnishes.