Desserts can be delicious and healthy with this Moist Organic Apple Cake topped with Toasted Pine Nuts by Chef Daniele Sarno!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 6
- 3 Organic apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 120g Muscovado sugar
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla pod or a few drops of good vanilla essence
- 3 nos. Organic whole eggs
- 170g Unbleached organic plain flour
- 90g Unsalted butter
- 10g Natural baking powder for 170g flour
- 30g Pine nuts
- Gently melt the butter into a small casserole, taking care that it doesn’t burn.
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces. Add the lemon juice and 50 g (1/4 cup) of the sugar. Mix together and set aside.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl. Add the remaining sugar and beat together well.
- Add the melted butter, the vanilla, the flour and the natural baking powder, mixing well.
- Add the apples.
- Put the mixture in a cake tin, sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top and bake for 40 minutes at 170°C or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream, custard or vanilla ice cream.