With Easter around the corner, serve up a carrot patch of chocolate mousse cups on a platter! These cute individual mousse cups are decorated like carrots growing in the ground – fun to eat and even easier to put together with the kids! And best of all, they require no baking at all! #QuickBites
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 1-2 Servings
- Chocolate Mousse
- 100g bar Good Quality Plain Chocolate
- 50ml Milk
- 200ml Double Cream
- Chocolate Coated Strawberries
- 1 packet Strawberries
- 1 bar of White Chocolate
- Orange Food Coloring
- 1 packet of Oreo
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water (Double boiling)
- Heat the milk until it starts boiling then whisk in melted chocolate. Leave it to cool/
- Whip the cream until soft peak, then fold into cooled chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into La Parfait jars and allow it to cool.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE COATED STRAWBERRIES
- Melt a bar of white chocolate and add in a drop of orange food coloring.
- Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate.
DIRECTIONS OF ‘DIRT’
- Remove the cream filling and blend the oreo biscuit until crumbly.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into Le Parfait jars.
- Top oreo as ‘dirt’.
- Top chocolate strawberries as ‘carrots’