Enjoy the pleasure of a subtle cinnamon flavour in your cookies. These cookies are easy to prepare and are best served with a glass of milk while having afternoon tea with your friends!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 30 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 45 mins Serves : 3
- 115g Flour
- 20g Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 80g Cold Butter (chopped)
- 100g Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Food Paste Colours
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and rub in the butter. Make a dough. Cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the cookie dough.
- Cut out the dough with cookie cutters of your choice.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake them at 180°C for 12 minutes or unit evenly browned.
- Slide the cookies on a cooling rack and cool completely.
Put the icing sugar in a bowl.
Stir in the lemon juice and some water a few drops at a time until you get a spreadable consistency. If the mixture becomes too thin simply add in a little icing sugar until it thickens.
Color the icing if desired, spread or pipe it over the cookies and allow to set for about 15 minutes.