This incredibly decadent, luxurious Chocolate Mousse is a perfect finish to a meal!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 140 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 155 mins Serves : 4-6
- 75 g Chocolate
- 55 g Heavy (whipping ) cream
- 1 Eggs, separated
- Instant coffee 1/2 tsp mixed to a paste with 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 30 g Sugar
- 20 g Butter
- 1-2 tsp Rum or any liquor (optional)
- Melt the butter and the chocolate together.
- Stir in the vanilla and the coffee mixture.
- Stir in the yolks.
- Whip the cream and half the sugar until soft peaks and stir it into the chocolate mixture in 2 batches.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks. Slowly add in the rest of the sugar and whisk until shiny and the sugar is dissolved.
- Fold it into the chocolate mixture in 2 batches.
- Spoon the mixture into glasses or ramekins and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- You may garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate. Than mix in whites then cream.