Chia seeds are a protein-packed super food which is great for breakfast! Try this delicious chia seed pumpkin pudding recipe for a healthy on-the-go breakfast!
Cuisine : European Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 10 mins Cook : 40 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 1
- 50g Yogurt
- 200g Organic pumpkin or butternut squash puree
- 1 tbsp Organic pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon powder
- Vanilla pod or vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Sliced banana
- Pumpkin seeds
- In a pot, bring a water to boil.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the butternut squash. Slice it all.
- Blanch the pumpkin for about 5 minutes. Drain off and mash it with the back of a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt or coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Add the chia seeds and whisk again until very well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the chia seeds have plumped.
- Pour into jars and sprinkle with toppings of choice.
- Optional toppings include: Coconut, pumpkin seeds, or sliced bananas.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days.