Serve these crisp Cheesy Seaweed Bread Sticks alongside with a salad, a big bowl of soup or just enjoy it the way it is!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 15 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 25 pieces
- 250gm Plain Flour
- 20gm Parmesan Cheese
- 2gm Black Pepper/ Seaweeds
- 2gm Herbs (any)
- 25gm Egg White
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Instant Yeast
- 125gm Water
- 1 no Egg – for glazing
- Place all ingredients into kneading bowl. Knead until dough is formed.
- Add butter and continue to knead until the dough can be stretched. Perform ‘window panel test’ by holding a dough of a golf ball size between your fingers and gently spreading your fingers and thumb apart thus stretching the dough into a thin translucent membrane like a windowpane. Cover and leave the dough aside to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured work surface. Flatten the air and roll the dough out thinly into 1/2 cm thick. Cut into 1cm long strips.
- Divide dough into 4 long logs and twist it and place in the aluminum foils.
- Leave to proof till 60%. Glaze the dough with eggs.
- Bake at 180C for 12-15 minutes.