Madeleines are also known as traditional French small cakes. These are traditional tea cakes with a crispy exterior and moist tender interior similar of a sponge cake. This recipe might look intimidating at first glance, but it’s definitely fool-proof!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 4
- 2 Eggs
- 110g Sugar
- 50g Milk
- 125g Flour
- 5g Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 50g Butter
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric whisk until foamy and a little pale.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, and fold it into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Let it bubble away, stirring it frequently until the bubbles die down and the butter is browned.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool for a minute before adding it to the batter.
- Pipe the mixture into Madeleine moulds and bake at 190°C for 8 – 10 minutes