Try this elegant and low-fat party appetizer for this Christmas dinner! The perfect combination of cheese and apple with an extra crunch from the toasted walnut!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 30 mins Serves : 8
- 1 Granny smith apples, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 tbsp Cream Cheese (original)
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme
- 4 tbsp Shredded cheddar
- 4 pcs Toasted walnut (split into halves)
- 1 tsp Honey
- Baguette, cut into ¼ nch thick slices (8 pcs)
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg F.
- Slice apples and set it aside in a bowl with water and a bit of salt. Set aside.
- Slice baguette into ¼ inch thickness.
- Arrange on a sheet tray.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle salt.
- Bake baguette till slightly crispy about 5 to 7 mins.
- Carefully, remove the baked crostini and leave it to cool slightly.
- In a pan, toast walnuts till golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Mix fresh thyme and cream cheese and pinch of salt.
- Scoop a small spoonful of cream cheese and spread on each baguette.
- Next, add shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake till cheese melts, careful not to burn them.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- Drain all water from the apples.
- Immediately arrange sliced apple pressing it slightly on the warm cheese.
- Garnish with toasted walnut, drizzle with honey and sprinkle a bit of fresh thyme.