These light, crunchy Zucchini & Haloumi fritters paired with a refreshing garlic lemon yogurt dip are absolutely delicious!
Cuisine: European Course: Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 10 mins Ready in : 25 mins Serves : 4-6 Servings
- 1 medium Zucchini (Yellow or green), coarsely grated
- 100g Haloumi Cheese, finely grated/ chopped
- 1-2 tsp Lemon Zest/ juice
- 1 medium Red Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 2-3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
Garlic Lemon Dip
- Garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest/ juice
- Pinch of salt
- 120ml Yogurt
- Paprika powder (dusting)
- Coarsely grate the zucchini and sprinkle some salt.
- Set aside to rest. Then squeeze excess water.
- Add chopped Haloumi cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Italian parsley, garlic and egg.
- Add in the plain flour. The final result of the mixture should be moist.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat; add in a spoonful of zucchini mixture into the pan.
- Fry until golden brown on each side, about 5-6minutes.
DIRECTIONS FOR GARLIC LEMON DIP
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic and lemon into the yogurt.
- Dust some paprika powder before serving.
- Keep chilled.