Serve this classic Tuscan fish stew to your family for a heart-warming dinner. Perfect when served with crusty bread that will soak up all the goodness
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 65 mins Ready in : 80 mins Serves : 4
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Large carrot
- 2 Tomatoes
- 4 Fish fillets
- 1 bunch Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 can Chick peas
- Clams, mussels, prawns – Option
- Mix paste ingredients in a measuring jug.
- Slice potatoes, carrot & tomatoes 1/2 cm thick.
- Lay potato slices, followed by half the paste, and carrots and tomatoes then coriander, then half the chick peas.
- Repeat with another layer.
- Simmer at low heat for 1 hour.
- Before serving , add prawns, clams & mussels -if using and steam covered for 5 mins.
- Serve hot , garnished with fresh coriander.