Enjoy the flavours of Thailand with this sweet and spicy Thai Style Chicken Drumlet recipe for the ultimate appetizer!
Cuisine : Asian Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 35 mins Ready in : 50 mins Serves : 2-4
- 5 pds / 1.13 kg chicken wings
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp-sized knob of ginger, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Season chicken wings with salt & pepper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine chili sauce, vinegar, coconut milk, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce and lemon juice. Mix well with a fork.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken wings, ~4-5 minutes on each side till brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add in sauce mixture and bring to simmer, whisking constantly.
- Add chicken wings back into skillet, tossing to coat evenly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 190<C for 25 – 30 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions.