An extremely popular and healthy dish from Bangalore’s famous Iyengar Bakeries that is spicy, flavourful and colourful! This savoury toasts pack quite a punch with its spices and chillies! Perfect as a quick meal!
Cuisine: Asian Course: Appetiser
Skill Level: Novice
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 10 mins
Ready in: 25 min Serves: 4 serving
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Capsicum, chopped
- 3 Bread Slices
- 1 cup Cabbage, chopped
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 Tomato, deseeded&chopped
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Mayonnaise & Ketchup Mixture
- Heat a pan, add butter, garlic, onion, capsicum and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, cabbage, green chilli, red chilli powder, chaat masala, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt, tomato and mix well.
- Cover and cook it for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Heat another pan, grease it with butter, toast the bread slices on both sides.
- Transfer them on to a chopping board, top it with the vegetable mixture and drizzle some mayonnaise and ketchup mixture.
- Our Masala Bread is ready to serve.