Go back to basics with this recipe by Chef Eric Low. The perfect sirloin steak, glazed with a drizzle of classic mushroom sauce.
Cuisine : European Course : Main Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 25 mins Ready in : 40 mins Serves : 4
- For The Steak
- 4pcs Sirloin Steak (about 180-200g each)
- 1tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- For The Mushroom Sauce
- 400ml Basic Brown Sauce
- 30g Butter
- ½tsp Garlic
- 40g Chopped Onions
- 2psrigs Fresh Thyme (optional)
- 250g Mushrooms (any kind)
- 40ml Whipping Cream (35% fat)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 100ºC. Rub the steaks with mustard and season with salt and a generous amount of pepper. Simmer the basic brown sauce and reduce by halve.
- Heat pan and sear the meat on both sides. Transfer to oven and slow bake at 100ºC for 10-15mins.
- Melt butter and sauté the garlic, onions and mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add fresh thyme and cook briefly.
- Add in the brown sauce, bring to boil, stirring constantly. Pour in the cream and mix well. Serve with steaks.