With this scotch egg recipe you can enjoy a snack from the comfort of your own home – Served with onions, cheese and mustard, these are delicious!
Cuisine : European Course : Appetizer Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 20 mins Ready in : 35 mins Serves : 6
- 150g Italian Pork Sausage
- 6 no. Medium Eggs
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 no. Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Oil, for deep-frying
- Salt & Pepper
- . Cook the eggs in boiling water for 6 minutes. Or By cooking eggs at EXACTLY the perfect temperature (ie, around 145F or 63C) for 40m, the plunge into cold bath and pop into freezer just being using.
- Drain and peel. Season the sausage meat with salt and pepper, then divide this mixture into 6 balls.
- Place the egg in the center and wrap in sausage. One at a time, roll the egg in the flour, dip in beaten egg, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil, about 3 inches deep, in a pan until hot enough that a breadcrumb sizzles when dropped in. Deep-fry the eggs for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice to ensure even browning. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve right away!