Fluffy and moist, this buttery red velvet cupcake topped with tangy cream cheese frosting is simply magical.
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 20 mins Cook : 45 mins Ready in : 65 mins Serves : 4-6
- 45 g Cake flour
- 1 g Baking soda
- 45 g Caster sugar
- 2 g Cocoa powder
- 5 g Salt
- 50 g Melted Butter
- 35 g Buttermilk
- 20 g Egg
- 5 g Red food coloring
- 5 g White vinegar
- 125 g Cream Cheese
- 35 g Icing Sugar (Sifted)
- 25 g Whipping Cream
- Pre heat the oven to 175°C.
- Combine all dry ingredients (Cake flour, Baking Soda, Caster Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Salt) .
- Combine buttermilk egg, red food coloring and white vinegar in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, followed by melted butter.
- Stir and till combine.DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Line the cupcake mould and fill each with 50gm of batter.
- Bake for 15-20 mins depending on oven.
- To make the Cream Cheese Frosting, combine Cream Cheese, Icing Sugar (Sifted) and Whipping Cream and whisk till light and fluffy.