Try this impeccable combination of chocolate and coconut cake which is perfect for any time and occasion!
Cuisine : Baking Course : Dessert Skill Level : Novice
Prep : 15 mins Cook : 45 mins Ready in : 60 mins Serves : 12
- 3 Eggs
- 100g Butter
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Chocolate emulco
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¾ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Sieve well.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar till fluffy for about 5-7 mins.
- Add in eggs gradually one by one.
- Add in the chocolate emulco. Pour in all the flour mixture and continue to beat till you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour in the desiccated coconut and stir well.
- Pour the cake batter in a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Put inside oven and bake for 45 mins or till cake is ready.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into two layers.