CNY Baking Series 3: Julie’s Signature Kueh Lapis
*Suitable for 14 years old and above.
4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Chef: Julie Yee
- Type: Hands-on Class
- Cuisine: Baking
- Location: ToTT @ Suntec
- Difficulty: Novice
January promo: ToTT Members enjoy 10% discount.
REDEMPTION IS FULL
Registration using Complimentary Hands-on Class Voucher and Redemption Letter is full.
What you will learn:
- Old School Indonesian Kueh Lapis
– Prepare a smooth batter without curdling even after an hour
– Spread the layers evenly without a measuring cup
– Avoid having air bubbles appearing
– Achieve moist and soft texture
– Control your oven temperature which affects your lapis texture
– Tweak the recipes for variations (group explanations)
- Steamed Rainbow Lapis (Bonus)
*A link to a demo video will be provided in class to view at home.
– With the ample egg whites from the lapis, you can steam a healthy egg-white lapis
What you will prepare:
- 6” x 9” (approx 1kg) classic lapis
What the fee includes:
- Cake board and box
- Use of quality kitchen equipment
- ToTT apron
- Ingredients for the class
- Recipe printout
- Introduction to Chef Julie Yee, class structure and ingredients.
- Demonstration of each recipe by Chef Julie Yee followed by hands-on session by participants.
- Discussion with chef including tips, techniques and troubleshooting (throughout class).
You will be able to interact directly with the instructor and use the wide variety of kitchen equipment provided by our partners and available for purchase at the ToTT Store in this hands-on cooking class. Please bring containers to pack your food (except for cake & cupcake baking classes) if you do not intend to consume the food on-site after the cooking class. Participants are advised to wear closed shoes for protection and dress in casual, comfortable attire with little to no jewelry. Participants may be asked to share workspace depending on the recipe and class concept.
Please read our Cooking Classes FAQ before you proceed to register for the class. Classes will only be confirmed proceeding or cancelled three days prior to the date of class. In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the cooking class fee or attend another class of the same value.
Customers who hold the complimentary hands-on/demo class vouchers are to email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for cooking classes. If you hold a complimentary cooking class voucher but made payment for a cooking class, the payment made is strictly non-refundable. Please note that some of our cooking classes cannot be redeemed with complimentary class vouchers and/or redemption letter. There is also a quota for the number of complimentary class vouchers redeemed per class. Do register for classes in advance to avoid disappointment as classes redeemed using complimentary vouchers are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
ToTT reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email email@example.com to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to ToTT to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
Please read our Cooking Class General Terms & Conditions and FAQs.