4:00pm to 8:00pm
- Chef: Julie Yee
- Type: Hands-on Pair Work Class
- Cuisine: Baking
- Location: ToTT @ i12 Katong
- Difficulty: Novice
Register for one and attend with a guest for free!
$118 Hands-on Cooking Class Vouchers: Email email@example.com to register.
$50 Complimentary Hands-on Cooking Class Vouchers: This class is not available for redemption.
What you will learn:
- Open & Close Pineapple Tarts
– Learn how the ingredients affect your pastry texture
– Learn how to adjust the recipes to your desired texture
– Learn the difference between open crispier & close melt-in-the-mouth pastry
– Time-saving methods to cook your reduced sugar pineapple paste
– Techniques of clipping the edges the Nyonya way to create your very own 100% handmade tarts
– Learn various designs: pineapple, apple, roses & balls
– Techniques of preventing close pineapple tarts to crack
What you will prepare:
- 2 boxes per pax
What the fee includes:
- Use of quality kitchen equipment
- ToTT apron
- Ingredients for the class
- Recipe printout
- Introduction to Chef Julie Yee, class structure and ingredients.
- Demonstration of each recipe by Chef Julie Yee followed by hands-on session by participants.
- Discussion with chef including tips, techniques and troubleshooting (throughout class).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our studio does not have a waiting area. Only registered participants are allowed to enter the class.
You will be able to interact directly with the instructor and use the wide variety of kitchen equipment provided by our partners and available for purchase at the ToTT Store in this hands-on cooking class. Please bring containers to pack your food (except for cake & cupcake baking classes) if you do not intend to consume the food on-site after the cooking class. Participants are advised to wear closed shoes for protection and dress in casual, comfortable attire with little to no jewelry. Participants may be asked to share workspace depending on the recipe and class concept.
Please read our Cooking Classes FAQ before you proceed to register for the class. Classes will only be confirmed proceeding or cancelled three days prior to the date of class. In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the cooking class fee or attend another class of the same value.
Customers who hold the complimentary hands-on/demo class vouchers are to email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for cooking classes. If you hold a complimentary cooking class voucher but made payment for a cooking class, the payment made is strictly non-refundable. Please note that some of our cooking classes cannot be redeemed with complimentary class vouchers and/or redemption letter. There is also a quota for the number of complimentary class vouchers redeemed per class. Do register for classes in advance to avoid disappointment as classes redeemed using complimentary vouchers are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
ToTT reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email email@example.com to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to ToTT to use photos or videos that we have captured of you during the class.
Please read our Cooking Class General Terms & Conditions and FAQs.